This two day course involves the following:
Day one encompasses an ABC approach to firearms training for deer stalking. It covers:
- Health and safety
- The UK’s firearms and wildlife laws
- Range safety
- Principles of Marksmanship: safe, responsible and confident rifle handling on the range and in the Field, shooting positions, recoil management, ballistics, backstops
- Shot placement on deer
- Kit preparation / stalking related equipment/ advice on clothing
Day two is about getting out into the Field and stalking a deer: – Two stalks in the day; three hours in the morning and then three hours in the evening. It covers:
- Fieldcraft / Hunter-craft
- Species identification
- The ‘art of stalking a deer’
- Deer biology/behaviour
- Deer butchery*
* Please note that all our deer species are wild/free roaming. Therefore we never give a 100% guarantee that a deer will be shot on the day. Therefore the field gralloch and butchery may not be demonstrated. But we do a 100% guarantee that deer will been seen on the stalks.
We do offer clients the luxury of fly camping on our hunting area. Please telephone us to find out more about the fly camping experience.
It is not necessary to own a rifle – estate rifles will be provided for the courses.
One day special bespoke deer stalking courses can be arranged on request. Tailor made for your exclusivity and requirements.