Deer Stalking Courses
The First Time Deer Stalker courses can be held at times to suit you and are for a maximum of two people; these courses are especially popular with parent and son/daughter and couples as an excellent introduction to this interesting outdoor activity.
These courses are not classroom based packages. These are practical hands-on outdoor experiences. If you are inspired by the Netflix series MeatEater or want to live a Flexitarian lifestyle, cannot find an avenue into hunting/stalking, or want to live more self-sufficiently off the land, or just want to properly re-engage with Nature and have never hunted before, or you want to prepare for your DSC level 1 course; then these courses are designed for you!
The two day course involves the following:
Day one encompasses an ABC approach to firearms training for deer stalking. It covers:
- Health and safety
- The UK’s firearms and wildlife laws
- Rifle Tuition: safe rifle handling on the range and in the Field, recoil management, shooting positions, ballistics, backstops
- Shot placement on deer
- Kit preparation / stalking related equipment/ advice on clothing
Day two is about getting out into the Field and stalking a deer: – Two stalks in the day; three hours in the morning and then three hours in the evening. It covers:
- Fieldcraft / Hunter-craft
- Species identification
- The ‘art of stalking a deer’
- Deer biology/behaviour
- Deer butchery*
* Please note that all our deer species are wild/free roaming. Therefore we never give a 100% guarantee that a deer will be shot on the day. Therefore the field gralloch and butchery may not be demonstrated. But we do a 100% guarantee that deer will been seen on the stalks.
We do offer clients the luxury of fly camping on our hunting area. Please telephone us to find out more about the fly camping experience.
It is not necessary to own a rifle – estate rifles will be provided for the courses.
One day special bespoke deer stalking courses can be arranged on request. Tailor made for your exclusivity and requirements.